Keeping your weave clean is vital if you intend to wear it every day, style it and make it last as long as possible. While washing with shampoo on a weekly basis and applying a good deep conditioning product is important to ensure the weave hair stays clean, healthy and moisturized, it is also a good idea to co-wash weave hair regularly to keep the hair hydrated, avoid the hair from becoming too dry and to ensure the weave is free from tangles and frizz. Co-washing is somewhat similar to conditioning, but using a specialized product can lead to better results and make the hair gain back its original shine and texture.
Best Co-Wash Product
We have taken a look at several different co-wash products that are currently available on the market and evaluated each based on its ingredients, claims and user reviews. We have determined that Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleansing Cowash is definitely a worthy product that is affordable and only contains natural ingredients that are beneficial for hair – even the hair that does not naturally grow out of your own scalp.
Benefits of Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleaning Cowash
Let’s consider the benefits that this product has to offer you:
- The product has been specifically manufactured for co-washing. This means it will most likely be more effective than a regular conditioner or product that has not been manufactured with co-washing in mind.
- The product does not contain any kind of chemicals, fillers or potentially harmful ingredients that could lead to excessive moisture or dryness.
- The primary ingredient in this product is coconut oil, which is often recommended for weave hair as it provides a deep conditioning treatment without causing excessive oiliness. In addition to the coconut oil that helps to condition hair, the product also contains shea, which is another beneficial ingredient that further provides moisture so that hair can regain a natural shine.
- Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleaning Cowash is affordable and is readily available at many retailers. For example, the product can be picked up on Amazon for as little as $8.49.
Cons of Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleaning Cowash
It is also important to consider the negative attributes about the product before buying it. Let’s take a look at a few cons related to this product.
- There are many different sellers that sell the product on Amazon, which might make it somewhat difficult for people to choose the most appropriate seller to buy from. Buying the cheaper choices also adds a lot of shipping costs to the order.
- By adding two powerful moisturizing agents into one product, the product might cause excessive moisture if used too generously.
Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleaning Cowash is available from numerous retailers. A lot of online retailers also stock the product. The price does vary depending on where you buy the product from. On Amazon, the product’s price varies from $8.49 to around $14.59. The cheaper options do not come with shipping, which means an additional shipping fee would be added to them. Free shipping is available from stores that sell the product for between $11.89 and $14.59.
Co-washing hair is vital for ensuring weave hair lasts for a long time, but choosing the best product for the job can be extremely hard. With so many products to choose from – how do you really know which one will work and which one will simply weigh your hair down. After a lot of research, we’ve determined that Ede BodyWorks Coconut Shea Cleansing Cowash seems to be an effective product that doesn’t weigh hair down and restores shine without making hair oily.