If you don’t have the time or money to spend on a proper weave or a set of high-quality hair extensions, then don’t worry. You have another option that can give you a beautiful look without damaging your hair or your budget – we are talking about a quick weave, of course. A quick weave gives you the ability to be creative, while adding length, volume, color and style to your existing set of hair. Quick weaves are usually affordable, and they come in various colors, styles and textures that allow you to achieve the perfect look at a fraction of the time it would take you to install a set of weft in hair.
How To Do A Quick Weave
Even though many people still dread installing their own weave, doing a quick weave is much easier and even faster than many people think. We are going to walk you through the entire process so that you can install your own quick weave at home without having to spend thousands of dollars in a hair salon.
How To Black Hair explains that the following items and tools are required to properly do a quick weave:
- A single pack of weft extensions, preferably real human hair (also known as virgin hair)
- Hair scissors and ties
- A flat iron and a blow dryer
In addition to these items, you should also have a towel, some bonding glue, a comb, brush and a wave cap at hand.
Now that you know what you will need to do a quick weave, let’s take a look at the various steps that are involved in doing it the right way.
- Start by preparing your hair. You should choose hair extensions that match the texture of your natural hair. It is also a good idea to apply a setting solution to your natural hair so that hair stays in place during the entire process. Finally, create a part in your hair that forms a rectangle – your wefts will all be installed below the part you just created.
- Now it’s time to get your weft ready for installation. Form a u-shape with the weft and cut it according to the part in your hair that you created in the first step. Apply some binding glue and use a blow dryer to soften the glue.
- Apply the weft hair to your natural hair in such a way that the glue faces towards your own hair. Remember that you don’t want to apply the hair directly to your scalp.
- Wait for the glue to dry then tug the hair to ensure it has properly attached to your own hair. Now repeat this process until all of the weft hair has been applied.
- Finally, comb through your hair to blend the weft hair with your natural hair.
The Benefits Of A Quick Weave
A quick weave has many benefits, apart from the fact that it can be installed by you without the help of a professional and expensive hair stylist. According to Black Women Beauty Central, women seem to enjoy the following benefits that a quick weave offers them most:
- Maintaining a hairstyle with a quick weave is low maintenance and sometimes doesn’t even require any maintenance at all.
- Since you will not be styling your own hair with styling products and thermal tools, your hair will take a break from the exposure to chemicals and heat.
- When you feel like changing your hair, a quick weave is relatively quick and easy to uninstall, making it perfect for quickly changing your hairstyle, color or length without any complications.
- A quick weave will not damage your natural hair unlike certain types of weaves and hair extensions.
- You can use your creativity to create an endless range of styles with a quick weave.
Installing hair extensions and weaves is often a tedious task that takes a lot of both time and effort. A quick weave, on the other hand, takes far less time to install and will not damage your own hair. Our easy-to-follow guide tells you the exact steps you need to follow to install a quick weave without any complications – now simply install your quick weave and create a style that will compliment your sense of fashion.